We at North Peak Inc. are looking for qualified Carpenters to cut, fabricate and install wooden components and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of reading blueprints, wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the North Peak team and build strong and long-lasting relationships with coworkers and sub-contractors.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp building requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors and other buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out flooring, roofing and stairs ensuring they are leveled and meet building code requirements.
- Install cabinets, shelves and other items where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed
- Use ladders and scaffolding in a safe and practical manner
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, tape measures etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and blueprints
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or GED; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is a plus, but not required
Seeking experienced Trim Carpenter to install millwork, molding and trim of windows, doors, baseboards, crown molding. Installation of cabinetry and some fixtures as required.
- Professional references
- Forklift/Boom lift certification a plus but not required
- Tool bag only, no power tools required
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, some out of town may be required
- Reliable vehicle/valid drivers license